The Hotel Utopia now holds the Green Key eco-label.
The "Green Key" is a leading standard of excellence of the hotel Utopia in in the field of environmental responsibility and sustainable operation. A green Key stands for an establishment’s promise to its guests that by staying at our hotel they are helping to make a difference on an environmental and sustainability level. Our approach and performance in the involvement of our employees and customers , the water management, maintenance and cleaning with Eco labeled products, waste management, energy management and social responsibility. Sustainable food, tourism activities, the development of the interior environment and green spaces are equally important commitments for our ‘Green Key’ labeled hotel.
We are genuinely committed to respecting both the natural world and our guests.
rom the outset, the equipment used in the construction of the hotel was chosen with this in mind. For example :
- Economical dual-flow ventilation and air conditioning system
- Rainwater collection, water purification plant
- Solar panels to capture free energy (reduces CO2)
- Wood pellet-burning boilers mean that non-renewable fuels are not required
- Smart building control
- Low-power lighting and electrical equipment
- Motion-sensor lighting to save energy
- Induction plates in the kitchens
- Waste sorting for recycling
- Charging points for electric vehicles
- Staff are both trained and motivated
- We seek out environmentally-friendly partners and suppliers
- And much more
Environmental conservation is a challenge which we all need to tackle together !
The passive hotel concept
The term 'passive house' refers to a building in which energy consumption per square metre is either very low or entirely offset by solar power or internal heat gain.
To qualify as passive, a building must reduce the energy used for heating by around 80%, compared with a new building constructed in accordance with very strict German thermal insulation standards.
THIS NEW CONCEPT OFFERS AN EXCELLENT STANDARD OF LIVING, THROUGH NATURAL REGULATION OF THE BUILDING'S TEMPERATURE AND INTELLIGENT USE OF RESOURCES, SUCH AS LIGHT, HEAT AND COLD.